Preparing the family for a new baby can be simultaneously joyful and stressful. This TLC 2-part series is geared toward both the expectant parents and siblings (2.9 years and older).
At the 1-hour family workshop, we will explore what the addition of a new baby means for everyone in the family through books, a variety of hands-on activity stations, and take-home arts & crafts projects (shhhhh, families will also create a gift for the new baby too!). The class price includes all materials in addition to a new take-home picture book for the family to explore at home.
At the parent workshop the following evening, parents will receive support and education how best to prepare the family for the arrival of the newest baby. In addition, the workshop will include suggestions how to prepare the sibling(s) for the separation from the parents during birth; recommendations how to introduce the sibling(s) to the new baby; and a group discussion focused on the first weeks/months at home including possible parenting challenges. There will be time for personal questions & answers.
All registrations are per family, and include both the whole-family morning workshop and the parent-only evening workshop.
- Fall 2018: Saturday, September 29th, 9:30 – 10:30 AM (for children with their loving caregivers) and Sunday, September 30th, 6:00 – 7:30 PM (for parents only)
- Winter 2018: Saturday, December 15th, 9:30 – 10:30 AM (for children with their loving caregivers) and Sunday, December 16th, 6:00 – 7:30 PM (for parents only)
- Spring 2019: Sunday, March 10th, 9:30 – 10:30 AM (for children with their loving caregivers) and 6:00 – 7:30 PM (for parents only) – ***NOTE: Both these sessions are on the same day.
- Summer 2019: Saturday, June 1st, 9:30 – 10:30 AM (for children with their loving caregivers) and Sunday, June 2nd, 6:00 – 7:30 PM (for parents only)
- Summer 2019 - June 1st (Family workshop)
June 1, 2019
9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Summer 2019 - June 2nd (Parent workshop)
June 2, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Venue: The Loved Child (Belmont)